- I have given up following IPL after the continuous dismal (that’s a kind word!) performance of Kolkata Knight Riders…I am right now blaming it on the color of their dress…oh I love black, and it’s quite a dominant shade in my wardrobe and I am not the astrological type either… but I don’t know what else to blame…Imagine being in Bombay, and being subjected to the taunts of fellow colleagues, friends….how you Knight Riders let us down?!!!
- I watched ‘The reader’ and I am bowled over completely by Kate Winslet’s performance…some maturity! …I just know why they call her the next Meryl Streep. What a pity that I haven’t been able to catch up on ‘Revolutionary Road’ yet, but I am sure I will. Anyone willing to lend me a copy?
- After a quick trip to Calcutta, I find the Bombay summer extremely pleasant! I don’t even mind commuting through the horrible traffic…in fact I am falling in love with Bombay, not only for the weather but also for those innumerable small things like a walk in the Carter road promenade at midnight!
- I am reading “The Crow-eaters” by Bapsi Sidhwa…Amazing is the word! Many may have watched 1947 Earth based on her novel Ice-candy Man.... a must have on your book-shelf!
- Thanks to the quality of the Bengali dabba and the unplanned way we ask for it, my roomies and I have become Domino’s loyal customer; in fact we have tasted all the varieties of Pizza that they offer! Trust me…it’s not fun! But I am going to have a very authentic bong dinner tonight.
I am famished now…got to go for the dinner!