Saturday, July 25, 2009

An evening to remember

The evening that I was waiting so eagerly for finally happened today, despite repeated alerts of high-tide & a complete wash-out in the city! I had the privilege to watch Naseeruddin Shah perform in ‘Ismat apa ke naam-I’ in Prithvi...what a delectable performance! I especially liked Ratna Pathak Shah in her narration of ‘Mughal Bachcha’ ...she was a delight to watch with her facial expressions & intonation. I have been a fan of hers, & to watch her perform live was indeed a treat. Naseer-ji was wonderful, as ever. He transferred me to a world of poetry & a perfect diction of hindi influenced with Urdu, that sounds like honey. Last but not the least, the most touching story ‘Chuimui’ by Heeba was a beautiful portrayal of the trial & tribulations women go through even today. An evening worth remembering!

No comments:

Post a Comment