Saturday, November 21, 2009

The aura of stars

I have had an account in Twitter for quite some time now, but it’s just recently that I have been active. I think it can be fairly attributed to Shashi Tharoor and his crass comment that gave Twitter the attention...and what I observe almost every B-Town, and net-savvy politicos are active, especially the tinsel town twittering is very pronounced. Now, if we take a look at the past couple of decades, the actors and actresses from B-town used to maintain a distance from common folk. That was the way they maintained their star-status. The media made them a star. Now-a-days thanks to Internet, and its access to one & everyone you get to know when they went for their head massage and where, what they had for breakfast, what movie they watched.....and the list goes on & on. The glamour is wearing off....& I hope it does.

1 comment:

  1. I am not very active on Twitter but if you must know I had two parathas for breakfast today, one gobhi and one mooli. At noon, my stomach started hurting. In the evening, I made my now daily resolution of not overeating. For dinner I had a full tandoori chicken. ;-)

    ReplyDelete