Monday, November 25, 2013

Pine Forests and Wild-flowers

What happens when you just realize that this is the only weekend till next 10 weeks, which is somewhat un-engaged for the most of it? You choose a place near your city, figure out the logistics (especially a quiet place to stay), pack your bags & head straight for it! And that’s what I did…so what if it was a tiring Friday or a Monday that loomed large with an early morning meeting at 7:30 that I’ve to attend in person at office?! 

For me, a weekend break is
1.      I don’t have to put on my contact lens & brush my hair
2.      I can take mindless walks without looking at the watch
3.      I can curl up on a couch without worrying about the next meal or a to-do list
4.      I’d be secretly happy that the data-connectivity is bad which means I’m not tempted to check FB & chat on whatsapp
5.      Most importantly I don’t HAVE to do anything.

With a little less effort most of it gets fulfilled actually.

And hence I head out to the hills crossing the plains & the forests. The meandering Nilgiris Mountain train brought much joy. The 19th century colonial bungalow was as cosy as I could have imagined…and a real fireplace with smell of the burning wood, in front of which I curled up most of the evening got me grinning like a Cheshire cat! I let my thoughts wander away to faraway places, people I love thinking about….the conversations that I have had with them and imagined I would have. When I saw a white-washed, red-roof house on a slope of a hill…I wondered what the owner must-be like, does he feel lucky that he smells the pine-forests every morning…what is his World like?

In my mindless walks, I stop by to pick up ferns and wild-flowers that’d be dried and kept inside the pages of my books…time will fly, there’d be work to do, milestones to achieve, more trips to make…but the brown colour of the ferns & flowers would remind me of those moments that photographs and written words fail to capture. So what if I am bleary-eyed on a Monday morning…it’s all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment